I recently encountered some super yucky Jello! And it got me thinking. There are just some things you should not do with Jello!
These are my top ten Do’s and Dont’s about Jello!
1. No meat–ever. No exceptions. No pureed meat, no chunks–the company does not make ham, chicken, beef or fish flavored Jello for good reason!
Don’t add it in Don’t shape it
2. No vegetables. Again, No exceptions. I understand the logic, make jello more healthy with veggies like peas, carrots or zucchini. No! It’s Jello, not salad. If you want salad, make a salad! Do not make this!
Or this! If you want vegetables, just serve vegetables! Don’t mix them in Jello!
Check out this commercial!
3. Cottage cheese– and Jello do NOT mix. Need I say more?
Not sure milk does either!
4. Mayonnaise also does not mix. Even if you add chicken and strawberries. Pretty, but still a fail!
http://timetravelkitchen.blogspot.com/2010/06/molded-chicken-and-grape-salad.html This poor woman made several Jellos with the wrong ingredients!
5. No mint! It just ends up tasting like toothpaste.
6. No chocolate in Jello–just plain sick! I am not talking about pudding but actual fruit flavored jello! No chocolate! It was introduced as a flavor in 1904 and dropped in 1927. Even the company knew it was wrong!
7. Everyone knows fruit is GOOD in Jello!
8. Clear soda or juice is GOOD in Jello!
8. Jello jigglers are fun!
Kids love them!
9. Whipping cream, sour cream and cream can all be good.
10. When in doubt–leave it out! Keep it simple!
If you need to know more about Jello and the history of Jello.
If you want to be freaked out or grossed out.
Scary, but interesting!